Логин Пароль Войти по OpenIDРегистрацияВосстановление пароля
Текущее время: 15 ноя 2018, 18:27

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Willy has completed just
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 ноя 2018, 06:32 

Баллы репутации: 0
HOUSTON -- Not everything was bigger in Texas on a hot and humid weekend in which a pair of small IndyCar teams claimed the commemorative cowboy boots from the Grand Prix of Houston. Sam Schmidts drivers went 1-2 on Sunday for the first time in team history as Simon Pagenaud grabbed the win and led rookie teammate Mikhail Aleshin to the checkered flag. Pagenaud used the win, his second of the season, to climb back into the championship race. He came to Houston trailing Will Power by 91 points, and cut it to 59 after the two races. "Its fantastic for the race team and the entire organization," said Pagenaud, who admitted after the race to feeling "a little faint" from temperatures that soared into the 90s. "The whole team has elevated to top team level." Aleshin, the first Russian to compete in IndyCar, was a career-best second for his first podium and said a tire problem nearly prevented him from making it to the finish. "Its definitely an amazing day for the team," he said. "We are one of the fastest cars on the track and I think we did an amazing job today. The whole team did an amazing job." Third went to rookie Jack Hawksworth, his first career podium. It capped a breakthrough weekend for the British driver, who finished a career-best sixth Saturday. "Its been rough this year, weve been fast sometimes and just not quite made it happen," said Hawksworth. "Weve not quite put it together and today we did." A day earlier, Dale Coyne Racing scored its first win of the year with rookie Carlos Huertas. The rookie led a Colombian sweep of the rain-soaked podium alongside countrymen Juan Pablo Montoya and rookie Carlos Munoz. It was a race Pagenaud thought he should have won. He spent the previous week training in California for the heat and humidity, and won the pole for the first race of the doubleheader. His race was ruined, though, first by a spin and then when he was collected in Scott Dixons crash. He finished 16th in the first race. "I was so disappointed Saturday because we had such a fast car this weekend," he said. Power, the points leader, rallied from another poor qualifying effort to put himself in position for a third-place finish. But he failed to make it to the finish line when a part broke on his car two laps from the finish. Pagenaud, Aleshin and Power had peeled away from the pack, leaving Hawksworth behind for a spirited battle to hold on for fourth-place. Then Power went off course and fell to 11th. Still, he entered the weekend with a 39 point lead in the standings and that was unchanged. Hoping to close ground on Power this weekend was Team Penske teammate Helio Castroneves, who was ninth Saturday but started from the pole on Sunday looking for a win. Instead, he was chasing Pagenaud from second for the lead early in the race when he drove into Sebastien Bourdais. Castroneves had been setting up his pass of Pagenaud and apparently didnt see Bourdais when he suddenly tried to cut into the same lane as Bourdais. Castroneves wound up 21st. "I was attacking and trying to pass Pagenaud, and I had no idea (Bourdais) was there," Castroneves said. "When I am attacking, I cant have my eyes on the back. Its absolutely ridiculous why the guy had to put the car over there. Its the rules of traffic, when a guy hits a guy in the back, its his fault. I am upset, yes, because we had a great car and its just a shame to have drivers like that who do not use common sense." The contact broke Bourdais front wing while he was running third, caused him to fall through the field, but he rallied to finish fifth, behind Charlie Kimball, despite the damage. It marked consecutive top-five finishes for the first time this season for Bourdais. "He changed lanes and we made pretty heavy contact," Bourdais said of Castroneves move. "That busted my front wing pretty good. After that it was a tough fight. I had to be really creative to compensate for the balance of the car." Huertas, winner Saturday, and Munoz, who finished third on Saturday, both failed to finish on Sunday and were the first two cars out. It was a topsy-turvy weekend like that in which Munoz was the only driver from the big three teams -- Andretti Autosport, Chip Ganassi Racing and Team Penske -- to earn a podium. Stitched New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. Stitched Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager. http://www.stitchednfljerseys.us.com/Stitched-Seattle-Seahawks-Nike-Jerseys-Cheap/ . The Wizards gave up two seldom-used players — forward Jan Vesely and point guard Eric Maynor. Vesely goes to the Nuggets, while Maynor gets shipped to the 76ers. Philadelphia receives two second-round draft picks, one from the Wizards in 2015 and one from the Nuggets in 2016. Stitched Chicago Bears Jerseys . Louis Blues are reportedly taking restricted free agent forward Vladimir Sobotka to arbitration. Stitched Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Hicham Khalouas late goal improved Almerias chances of avoiding relegation in a match dominated by contentious calls, including three penalties. One day after Barcelonas 4-3 win at Real Madrid featured three penalties, referees again dominated a wide-open game that saw Almeria ultimately move out of the relegation zone and one point ahead of Getafe which took its place.WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Blue Bombers coach Mike OShea knows exactly what the Toronto Argonauts and quarterback Ricky Ray can do to an opponent and Ray isnt all the Bombers have to worry about when they meet Thursday. "Theyve got a lot of weapons," said OShea, Torontos former special teams co-ordinator until he got the top coaching job in Winnipeg. Catch all the action on TSN and TSN 1050 starting at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt, with pre- and post-game coverage available on TSN 1050 and TSN 1290. "It just so happens that the ball always travels through Ricky first. But, obviously, Im quite familiar with all the guys they have and what they can do offensively." The Bombers play the Argos in the CFL opener at Investors Group Field. It kicks off an expanded season with the addition of the Ottawa Redblacks to the CFL East this year and the return of the Bombers to the CFL West. The Bombers made a lot of changes between seasons and likely arent finished. The Argos have also made changes, although on offence coach Scott Milanovich says theyre ready to go. "I expect us not to miss a beat offensively," he said after the Argos landed Wednesday. "Our expectations are pretty high, weve got a lot of players returning," agreed Ray. "Youve still got to do it on game day." But he also said with little pre-season experience, he expects to make a few mistakes. The Toronto defence sounds more like a work in progress under the guidance of former Bomber head coach Tim Burke, now back in a more familiar role as defensive co-ordinator. "Well have a good defence, I think its going to take us some time," Burke said. The Bombers have their own holes to fill. The depth chart for Thursdays game includes six players at middle linebacker, where they lost Henoc Muamba to the NFL. On Wednesday, they added Canadian offensive lineman Gord Hinse, who played in Edmonton last season, although he immediately went on the six-game injured list. Starting well is important to OShea. "Wed like to come out there and be as physical as we can and set a standard, set up a minimum standard for us and keep building from there," said OShea. "Were going our there to win and set a pace for the season." If the Bombers want to see how rookie starting quarterback Drew Willy performs under pressure,, they couldnt ask for a better opponent.dddddddddddd Ray has thrown 3,780 completed passes for 251 touchdowns and three Grey Cups over 11 seasons in the league with Edmonton and Toronto. "Sometimes I cant believe Im going into my 12th year," he said Wednesday. Willy has completed just 101 for nine touchdowns and has only four starts in his prior two seasons as a backup in Regina. The Bombers are staking a lot on Willy as they try to appease fans turned off by recent struggles, while the Argos want to get back to the Grey Cup after stumbling in last years East final. Willy says keeping Ray off the field as much as possible is going to be a key for the Bombers Thursday. "We definitely need to be efficient," he said of the offence. "We need to make sure our drives take some time." Oh, and scoring touchdowns rather than field goals would also be good, he noted. One thing Willy brings to the table is durability. He says he has only missed two games due to injury in his career, a hand injury in practice that cost him two games when he was in his sophomore career at the University of Buffalo. The Argos brought rookie running back and Winnipeg native Anthony Coombs along. He sits third on their depth chart behind imports Curtis Steele and Jeremiah Johnson. "This time its for keeps so Im exited to be out there," said Coombs, who also saw action in their exhibition game in Winnipeg. Veteran Winnipeg offensive lineman Glenn January couldnt promise a win but he did promise a lot of effort come Thursday night "I think were going to be a passionate team and were going to be a well-prepared team," he said. "If we go out there and we do stumble and dont get the win, its not the end of the world. Its an 18-game season." The Argonauts finished 11-7 in the regular season last year but then fell to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the East final. Hamilton went to the Grey Cup but lost to the Saskatchewan Roughriders at home in Regina. "Right now were an average football team. We have a potential to be more than that," said Milanovich. After a 3-15 season that cost Burke his job, the Bombers were a long way from average last year. The Argos beat the Bombers all three times last season and also beat them in their first pre-season game this year, 24-22. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Пожаловаться на это сообщение
 Профиль Отправить email  
Ответить с цитатой  

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа